Friday, June 5, 2009

Oz Experience v Greyhound

I was to travel around Australia by bus, which is the best way to travel if you're by yourself and want to meet people. I did it with Oz experience, but you can travel by Greyhound as well, which is like Oz experience without the social part and without the added stops and activities along the way. Oz experience won me over with the promise of a goat rodeo, barefoot lawn bowls, surf camp and a crocodile farm. They have a variety of routes available; I did the Dazza pass which goes from Sydney to Cairns and included the 3 day Ayers rock tour. You buy your pass, then book your buses on the live online system, or alternatively over the phone. You can change your buses at any point, but if you miss a bus there is a $50 fine. Every time I mentioned to anyone that I was travelling by Oz Experience, they warned me of the bad things they heard, but I had a brilliant time. The only time where people came unstuck is if they don't book their buses and then when they want to leave the buses are all full. So book a little in advance and you'll be fine. The drivers a pretty helpful and can book you on any excursions you want to do, and you tend to bump into the same people on the buses which is quite nice as you make some long term friends. There are some perks too- in peak season the party hostels tend to be all booked up, but Oz experience have special deals with them and can usually get you a room.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP